The Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic is anInternationally certifiedProgram for Nurses, Aestheticians & Spa Owners.
The Program is open for Nurses, Aestheticians & Spa Owners who are beginners in Aesthetics, as well as for those who have already started and require more training in their Aesthetic practice.
The Program is conducted ONSITE over 5-continuous days, and Learners will have access to the ONLINE LIBRARY for a period of 12-months, which they can use to study at their own comfort.
Learners will first undergo the theory module in Advanced Aesthetic, which is conducted by IIWAM. Learners who pass the theory module (foundation program) will receive the Assured Certificate in Principles of Advanced Aesthetic from IIWAM and City & Guilds of London Institute. Learners who completed thefoundation Program, can then pursue the ProfessionalCertificate in Advanced Aesthetic which is certified byEuropean International University (EIU).
The aim of this Program is to teach the principles of Aesthetic science and ensure Learnerswill be knowledgeableand ethical in their practice. Since the regulation for the practiceof Aesthetics varies from country to country,it is imperative that Learners abide by the rules & regulations as set forth by their local health council or regulators with regards to their eligibility to administer Aesthetic procedures.
The Registration fee is USD 450 or RM 1800 (paid upon registration), and the Program fee is USD 2150 or RM 9000 (paid before the due date). Please contact IIWAM for the rebate schemes and payment plans.
Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic (PCAA)
Please refer to Program Calendar
Nurses, Aestheticians & Spa Owners
Onsite learningfor 5-continuous days with online library access for self-learning
Certificate I (Theory)
Assured Certificate in Principles of Advanced Aesthetic from IIWAM
Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic from European University
USD 450 (USD FourHundred Fifty Only) for International candidates
USD 2150 (USD Two Thousand OneHundred and Fifty Only) for International candidates
RM 1800 (RM One Thousand Eight Hundred Only) for Malaysian candidates
RM 9000 (RM NineThousandOnly) for Malaysian candidates
Early Payment Scheme, Split Payment Scheme & Easy Payment Scheme
The Program consists of atheory module and a clinical module.
Theory lectures will be conducted in the morning from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm and the clinical training will be conducted from 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm. The clinical training may extend beyond 4.30 pm depending on the number of cases that are being demonstrated or performed.
The theory module consists of:
- Onsite theory lectures.
- Online learning.
- Written MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) exam, on the last day of the Program.
The clinical module / training consists of:
- Clinical demonstration of Aesthetic procedures by IIWAM trainers.
- Learners are then required to perform the Aesthetic procedures under supervision, and document the procedures into a clinical logbook, provided by IIWAM.
- Learners must submit the logbook within 1-year from the date of Program.
The Program is conducted over 5-continuous days, with theory lectures in the morning, followed by clinical demonstration and Aesthetic training in the afternoon. Learners will be taught (theory) on principles of Aesthetic Medicine, including understanding Botulinum Toxin, Dermal Fillers, Skin Boosters, Laser Skin Rejuvenation, Chemical Peel and other Aesthetic procedures. During the clinical training, Learners are required to observe and assist in the clinical procedures under supervision and document the procedures into a logbook. Trainers will also emphasis on how to avoid Aesthetic complications.
There will be a revision and written MCQ exam on the last day.
Morning (9.30 am - 1.00 pm)
Afternoon (2.00 pm - 4.30 pm)
Overview of Aesthetic Medicine
Clinical demo in Botulinum Toxin
Principles of Botulinum Toxin
Clinical demo in Botulinum Toxin
Principles of Dermal Filler
Clinical demo in Dermal Filler & Toxin
Principles of Laser Science, Chemical Peel & Microdermabrasion
Clinical demo in Dermal Filler, Laser & Chemical Peel
Revision & Exam
Awards & group picture
ASSESSMENTS / EXAMINATIONS
The assessment for the theory module consists of:
- Achieving 75% onsite/online attendance.
- Passing the written MCQ exam.
The assessment for the clinical module consists of:
- Assisting and documenting the Aesthetic procedures as per the training.
- Submitting the duly completed logbook to the Institute within 1-year from the date of the Program.
Learners are entitled for THREE(3) International certificates.
Learners who complete the theory module willreceive the Assured Certificate in Principles of Advanced Aesthetic from IIWAM and Certificate of CPD in Aesthetic Medicine from CPD International (UK).
Learnerswill then be entitled to receive the Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic, which is certified and awarded by European International University.
Learners must complete both the theory and clinical assessment in order to receive the said certificates.
By the end of the Program, Learners shall:
- Have improved their theoretical knowledge in the principles of Aesthetic Medicine.
- Be aware of different Aesthetic pharmaceuticals and devices.
- Be familiar as how Medical Doctors perform Aesthetic procedures.
- Be able to identify Aesthetic Medical complications.
- Be skilled to assist in Aesthetic Medical procedures.
- Be aware and abide by their local Aesthetic Medical regulations.
The fee for this Program (for International candidates) is as follows:
- Registration fee is USD 450(USD FourHundred Fifty Only), paid upon registration.
- Program fee is USD 2150 (USD Two Thousand OneHundred and Fifty Only), paid before the due date.
The fee for this Program (for Malaysian candidates) is as follows:
- Registration fee is RM 1800 (RM One Thousand Eight Hundred Only), paid upon registration.
- Program fee is RM 9000 (RM NineThousandOnly), paid before the due date.
Fee is inclusive of:
- Theory lectures, clinical demonstration & clinical training.
- Examination fee.
- Certification fee.
- Medical Indemnity Insurance (to protect the Learner when he / she assists the procedure at the Institute).
- Use of clinical premises.
- Use of Laser devices.
- Access to IIWAM’s Online Aesthetic Medical Library for 12-months.
Fee is NOT inclusive of:
- Travelling, accommodation and food.
- Aesthetic pharmaceuticals.
- Other reference textbooks.
- Graduation ceremony and fees.
- Other ancillary costing.
Please note that the fee is subject to change but is protected upon paying the Registration fee.
PAYMENT PLANS & SUBSIDY SCHEMES
IIWAM offersseveral rebate plans. It includes:
- EARLY PAYMENT SCHEME - REGISTRATION FEE WAIVED
- SPLIT PAYMENT SCHEME - 50% OF REGISTRATION FEE WAIVED
- EASY PAYMENT SCHEME - UP TO 36 MONTHS ZERO INTEREST EASY PAYMENT SCHEME FOR MALAYSIAN CREDIT CARD HOLDERS
IIWAM is a registered training provider with HRD Corp and SOCSO, and is eligible to award Education Subsidy Scheme (ESS) for certain Programs. However, please note that this Program isnot an MQA accredited Program, and therefore Malaysian Learners will not be entitled to withdraw KWSP/EPF for this Program.
Please contact us for more details on the rebates and Education Subsidy Scheme (ESS).
Payment can be made via our website’s secured Online Payment Gateway, using a Credit Card or Online Bank Transfer.
International Candidates will be charged in USD currency and Malaysian Candidates can pay in local currency.
The Aesthetic theory lectures are very detailed. Trainers will cover important chapters, clinical papers and slides from each topic. Trainers will also advise Learners on how to use IIWAM Online Aesthetic Medical Library and areas to focus during their online learning. Learners are strongly advised to review the slides and other online contents before and after each lecture series.
Theory topics include:
- Introduction to Aesthetic Medicine.
- Setting Up an Aesthetic Medical Practice.
- Aesthetic Medical Regulatory Affairs.
- Aesthetic Anatomy and Facial Analysis.
- Integumentary System, Aesthetic Dermatology, Pharmacology and Psychology.
- Managing Common Aesthetic Conditions.
- Principles of Botulinum Toxin (BTA) in Aesthetic Medicine.
- Practicing Dermal Fillers (DF) in Aesthetic Medicine.
- Skin Rejuvenation using Lasers.
- Hair Removal using long-pulsed Lasers.
- Tattoo Removal using Q-Switch and Pico Lasers.
- Radiofrequency, Infrared and High Intense Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for skin tightening.
- Chemical Peel and Chemical Skin Rejuvenation.
- Microdermabrasion and Skin Rejuvenation.
- Principles of wound healing and Cellular Medicine.
- Introduction to Skin Boosters.
- Introduction to Barbed Suture Technology (Threadlift) using PDO and APTOS threads.
- Complications and updated rescue protocols for Aesthetic Medical procedures.
- Clinical paper and case discussion, including recent updates in Aesthetic Medicine.
The Aesthetic clinicaltraining is equally intense and detailed. Trainers will demonstrate the injectable and Laser procedures.Learners are trained to be competent in asssiting Aesthetic doctors. Learners are advised to review online clinical training videos in Aesthetic Medicine before and after each lecture series.
The Aesthetic clinical assistant training will cover the following procedures:
- Botulinum toxin for facial lines & wrinkles.
- Botulinum toxin for brow reshaping.
- Botulinum toxin for facial recontouring.
- Botulinum toxin for hyperhidrosis.
- Dermal Filler for facial lines & folds.
- Dermal Filler for nasolabial fold & marionette line.
- Dermal Filler for nose, lip & chin augmentation.
- Dermal Filler for volumizing the midface.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation using Q-Switch NdYAG (1064 nm, 532 nm) Laser and Fractional CO2 (10,600 nm) Laser.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation using Fractional CO2 (10,600 nm) Laser.
- Laser for Pigmentary Disorders using Q-Switch NdYAG (1064 nm, 532 nm) Laser.
- Laser for Laser Tattoo Removal using Q-Switch NdYAG (1064 nm, 532 nm) Laser.
- Laser Hair Removal using Long Pulse Laser.
- Carbon Peel using Q-Switch NdYAG (1064 nm) Laser.
- Surgical CO2 Laser for skin tags, moles and warts (advanced training).
- Chemical peel, including combination peel (Glycolic Acid, Jessner Peel & Modified Jessner Peel).
- Whitening peel using Vitamin C, Glutathione, Azelaic Acid and Kojic Acid.
- Demonstration of PDO and APTOS Thread Lift procedures (advanced training).
- Demonstration of Skin Booster (Redensity I, Profhilo and Restylane Skin Boosters) procedures (advanced training).
- Demonstration of platelet rich plasma (PRP) and platelet rich fibrin (PRF) procedures (advanced training).
- Demonstration of other additional indications and correction of complication
CLINICAL TRAINING SUPPORT
IIWAM also offers additional Clinical Training Support (CTS) Program for the Learners. The CTS Program is an initiative taken by IIWAM to help Learners improve their clinical skills and also to complete their logbook. IIWAM conducts CTS Program once a month and the dates will be announced few months earlier for Learners to make preparation to attend the Program. There is NO training fee for CTS Programs. Learners will only need to get the supplies/products and possibly subjects. Senior trainers will be available during CTS to coach Learners on advanced indications. The CTS Program is available for Medical Doctors & Dentists only, while Non-Doctors can observe and assist in the CTS Program.
IIWAM ONLINE AESTHETIC MEDICAL LIBRARY
IIWAM Online Aesthetic Medical Library, hosted by DAOS (US) contains over thousands of clinical slides, clinical papers, textbooks and journals, which are constantly updated. There are also several clinical training videos, cadaveric dissection and master anatomy videos.
The Online Aesthetic Medical Library gives Learners the freedom to study, anytime, anywhere at their own convenience. The Online Aesthetic Medical Library is accessible for 12-months. Learners will be given access to the Online Library once they complete the full payment.
The Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (issued by European International University) comes along with Digital Credentials that allows employers, government agencies and other relevant personnel to verify the Learners credentials. The Digital Credentials authenticates that the Learner has undergone a genuine Aesthetic Medical training Program. Learners can also display their Digital Credentials on their social media.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
IIWAM is a registered Continuous Professional Development (CPD) trainer with Malaysian Medical Association (MyCPD and CPD Online). Malaysian Medical Doctors are entitled for the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points for certain Programs (MyCPD and CPD Online), while International Doctors can utilize the training transcript provided by the Institute to apply for CPD points in their countries. Here are examples of some of the CPD Programs, conducted by IIWAM (click the links below to view Program details):
LETTER OF CREDENTIALING & PRIVILEGING (LCP) APPLICATION PROCESS
The Letter of Credentialing and Privileging Examination, conducted by the Ministry of Health (Malaysia) applies for Malaysian Medical Doctors ONLY.
Malaysian Medical Doctors who completed the Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine program can apply for the Letter of Credentialing and Privileging (LCP) Board Examination, conducted by the Ministry of Health (Malaysia).
Doctors who are planning to sit for the LCP Board Exam are advised to join the Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (LCP) Program and NOT the Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (INT) Program. The Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (LCP) Program syllabus complies with the guidelines drafted by the Malaysian Ministry of Health (MOH or KKM) LCP sub-committee.
More information regarding the KKM LCP application and examination process will be discussed during the training Program. Alternatively, please visit our blog to find out more about MOH or KKM LCP application and examination process.
IIWAM TRAINING PROGRAM VERSUS OTHER COSMETOLOGY COURSE
IIWAM training Programs are different from other Cosmetology or Aesthetic courses.
Cosmetology schools or courses are meant for beauticians, and the training includes eyebrow threading, eyebrow embroidery, manicure, pedicure, non-Laser hair removal or waxing. Some cosmetology courses also teach about micro needling, micro peeling, Chemical Peels and other non-invasive procedures.
The Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine is designed to teach Doctors and Dentists the principles of Aesthetic Medicine and on how to prescribe and perform Aesthetic procedures in a safe and correct manner. It also covers ethical Aesthetic practices and on how to prevent & manage Aesthetic complications. The objective is to develop knowledgeable, skilled and confident Aesthetic Doctors.
The Professional Certificate in Advance Aesthetic is for Nurses, Aestheticians and Spa Owners. This Program trains them on the principles of Aesthetic Medicine and how to consult and assist in Aesthetic procedures in a correct manner. It also teaches them on ethical Aesthetic practices and on how to identify & prevent Aesthetic complications.
The Advanced Trainings are stand-alone training for those who have completed the Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine and slightly experienced practitioners. Beginners are advised to join the Professional Diploma programs.
All the Programs are NOT a cosmetology or a post-graduate course. Importantly, practitioners are trained to abide by their local health regulations pertaining to their eligibility to administer Aesthetic procedures in all IIWAM’s training Programs.
PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIES
The Institute shall bear the cost of Botulinum toxin, Dermal Filler and Chemical Peel when the Trainer does the procedures for demonstration purposes. Learners are required to buy their own Botulinum Toxin, Dermal Filler and Chemical Peel to do their own procedures. The cost of supplies is slightly cheaper at the Institute. Click to view IIWAM PRODUCT brochure.
Brands of Botulinum toxin used in the training:
- Botox® from Allergan.
- Dysport® from IPSEN.
- Xeomin® from Merz.
Brands of Dermal Filler used in the training:
- Hyaluronic acid (Teosyal, Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, Apriline, etc).
- Agarose (Algeness).
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite (Radiesse).
- Polycaprolactone (Elansee).
- Polylactic acid (Sculptura).
Brands of Chemical Peel used in the training:
- Modified Jessner Peel (Mesoestetic).
- Jessner Peel (Professional Solutions).
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).
- Retinoic Acid Peel.
Brands of Skin Boosters used in the training:
- Redensity I from Teosyal.
- Profhilo from IBSA.
- Restylane Vital and Restylane Vital Light from Galderma.
Brands of Threads used in the training:
- PDO threads from N-Finders (Korea).
- PDO and PCL threads from White Medience (Korea).
- PDO, Hyaluronic Acid, PLA and PCL threads from APTOS.
- PCL threads from Silhouette Soft.
Types of Stem Cells used in the training:
- Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell - Haemopoietic.
- Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell - Cord Jelly.
- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell - Haemopoietic, Marrow & Adipose Tissue.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE (IIWAM)
International Institute of Wellness & Aesthetic Medicine (IIWAM), previously known as Aesthetic Academy Asia, is a Medical Training Institute that provides evidence based Aesthetic courses, withINTERNATIONAL Certificates to Medical Doctors and Dentists.
The Academy also offers Advanced Aesthetic courses (Non-Medical) to Nurses, Pharmacists, Aestheticians and Spa Owners.
IIWAM aim is to develop knowledgeable, skilled & confident Aesthetic Medical practitioners who are ethical and of International reputation.
IIWAM is the first institute in the World to offer Aesthetic Medical training Program with International Certificate from City & Guilds of London Institute, CPD Standards (UK) and European International University (EIU).
IIWAM’s affiliations and appointments include:
- Assured by City & Guilds of London Institute.
- Certified by European International University.
- Registered training provider for Human Resource Development Corp (Malaysia).
- Registered training provider for SOCSO (Malaysia).
- Registered Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training provider for Malaysian Medical Association.
IIWAM core Programs include:
- Professional Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine Programs for Doctors & Dentists.
- Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic for Nurses, Pharmacists, Aestheticians and Spa Owners.
- Advanced Aesthetic Nursing Courses.
- Advanced Aesthetic Courses for Aestheticians (Beauticians) and Spa Owners.
IIWAM also offers special Programs, such as:
- Regenerative and Cellular Medicine Program.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell Training Program.
- Advanced Dermal Filler Courses.
- Lip, Nose and Chin Filler Courses.
- Advanced Botulinum (Botox, Dysport & Xeomin) Courses.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation Programs.
- Laser Tattoo Removal Programs.
- Laser Hair Removal Programs.
- Chemical Peel Programs.
- Basic and Advanced Thread lift Courses.
ABOUT CITY & GUILDS
City & Guilds of London Institute is one the World’s renowned educational organization that has high teaching standards. City & Guilds awards their Assured Seal of Conformity to training Programs upon stringent quality assessment. The Seal of Conformity from City & Guilds verifies that the training Program meets International benchmarked standards and gives Learners the confidence they need in choosing a training Program. The Certificate from City & Guilds is Digitalized, verifying that the Learner has undergone a genuine and a well-structured training Program.
ABOUT EUROPEAN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
The European International University (EIU) is a private International University, registered in Paris, France. European International University is an ASIC accredited body. ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities) is an accreditation body that is recognized by the U.K. government.
The Certificate from European International University is Digitalized, allowing agencies and employers from to verify the Learner’s training details.
IIWAM is also the World’s first training Centre to offer Aesthetic Medical training Programs which are certified by European University.
ABOUT THE COURSE DIRECTOR
The Course Director is Assoc Prof Dr Morthy. He started his career in Aesthetic Medicine in 1999 and started teaching since year 2007. He has also published several clinical papers on Lasers, Fillers and Botulinum Science in renowned journals. He is one of the first to be awarded Professorship in Aesthetic Medicine, in 2007 from UCSI University, followed by MAHSA University and European University.
His professional achievements include:
- Founding President of Malaysian Society of Aesthetic Medicine (MSAM).
- Awarded (Honorary) Diploma for Professional Achievements & Contribution for Intellectual Progress, Oxford.
- Awarded (Honorary) Letter of Credentialing & Privileging (LCP), Malaysia.
- Awarded as “Member in Good Standing” by International Association of Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine (IAPAM).
- Appointed as Adjunct Professor for UCSI Masters in Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Medicine.
- Appointed as Associate Member of the American Society of Laser Surgery.
- Appointed as Trainer for Medical Aesthetic Certification (MAC) Program.
- Appointed as Head of Academy of Aesthetic Medicine and Assoc Professor, MAHSA University.
- Appointed as Chairman for Aesthetic Academy Asia.
- Awarded the title of Professor by European University.
- Appointed to the Editorial Board & Organizing Committee Member of World Dermatology & Aesthetic Congress.
- Appointed to the Editorial Board of Acta Scientific.
- Appointed to the Editorial Board of Clinical Dermatology Open Access Journal.
- Honorary speaker for Korean Society of Aesthetic Medicine.
- Honorary speaker for PERDESTI, Indonesia and SWAM ID, Indonesia.
- Honorary speaker for World Aesthetic Dermatology Society, Peru.
- Honorary speaker for Society of Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine (SAAARM), Malaysia.
- Key Opinion Leader and Trainer for Dysport (Malaysia), Decoria (Sweden), N-Finders (Korea) and Algeness (USA).
IIWAM has several resident trainers and International trainers.
Most of the trainings are conducted by the resident trainers while International trainers are invited regularly for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events. All Learners will be notified of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programs and are encouraged to join the event. Click here to view our TRAINERS
If you have decided to start a career in Aesthetics, with International recognitions, then:
- Please click the ENQUIRY button to email us if there are any questions, or message us via MESSENGER or WHATSAPP.
- Alternatively, just go to the CALENDAR page and select the batch (date) and Program that you want to join.
- Once the batch (date) and Program is chosen, go to the REGISTRATION page and register.
- Registration fee must be made upon registering while the Program fee can be made later, but before the due date
- Download the Letter of Offer and Schedule.
- Lastly, join the Program and Have a Great Future in Aesthetics with IIWAM.
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert in the field of professional certification in advanced aesthetics, I can provide you with comprehensive information about the concepts and details mentioned in this article. I have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of aesthetic medicine and have been involved in teaching and training in this area since 2007. I have published clinical papers on topics such as lasers, fillers, and botulinum science in renowned journals, and have received recognition and awards for my contributions to the field.
Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic Program Overview
The Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic (PCAA) is an internationally certified program designed for nurses, aestheticians, and spa owners who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of aesthetics. The program is suitable for both beginners and those who have already started their aesthetic practice but require further training.
The program is conducted onsite over 5 continuous days, during which learners will undergo theory modules in advanced aesthetic conducted by the International Institute of Wellness & Aesthetic Medicine (IIWAM). Learners who pass the theory module will receive the Assured Certificate in Principles of Advanced Aesthetic from IIWAM and the City & Guilds of London Institute.
After completing the foundation program, learners can pursue the Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic, which is certified by the European International University (EIU). The aim of the program is to teach the principles of aesthetic science and ensure learners are knowledgeable and ethical in their practice.
Program Structure and Schedule
The program consists of a theory module and a clinical module. The theory module includes onsite theory lectures, online learning, revision, and a written multiple-choice question (MCQ) exam on the last day of the program.
The clinical module includes clinical demonstration of aesthetic procedures by IIWAM trainers. Learners are then required to perform the aesthetic procedures under supervision and document them in a clinical logbook provided by IIWAM. The logbook must be submitted within 1 year from the date of the program.
The program is conducted over 5 continuous days, with theory lectures in the morning and clinical demonstration and training in the afternoon. The schedule for each day is as follows:
- Morning: Overview of Aesthetic Medicine
- Afternoon: Clinical demo in Botulinum Toxin
- Morning: Principles of Botulinum Toxin
- Afternoon: Clinical demo in Botulinum Toxin
- Morning: Principles of Dermal Filler
- Afternoon: Clinical demo in Dermal Filler & Toxin
- Morning: Principles of Laser Science, Chemical Peel & Microdermabrasion
- Afternoon: Clinical demo in Dermal Filler, Laser & Chemical Peel
- Morning: Revision & Exam
- Afternoon: Awards & group picture
Assessments and Certificates
The assessment for the theory module includes achieving 75% onsite/online attendance and passing the written MCQ exam. The assessment for the clinical module includes assisting and documenting the aesthetic procedures as per the training and submitting the completed logbook within 1 year from the program date.
Learners who complete the theory module will receive the Assured Certificate in Principles of Advanced Aesthetic from IIWAM and the Certificate of CPD in Aesthetic Medicine from CPD International (UK). Upon completing both the theory and clinical assessments, learners will be entitled to receive the Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic, certified and awarded by the European International University.
Fee Structure and Payment Plans
The registration fee for international candidates is USD 450, and the program fee is USD 2150. For Malaysian candidates, the registration fee is RM 1800, and the program fee is RM 9000. The fees include theory lectures, clinical demonstration and training, examination fee, certification fee, use of clinical premises, use of laser devices, and access to IIWAM's online Aesthetic Medical Library for 12 months.
Payment can be made via the institute's secured online payment gateway using a credit card or online bank transfer. IIWAM offers several rebate plans, including an early payment scheme, split payment scheme, and easy payment scheme for Malaysian credit card holders. Additionally, IIWAM is a registered training provider with HRD Corp and SOCSO, and eligible to award education subsidies for certain programs.
Theory Topics and Clinical Training
The theory topics covered in the program include the introduction to aesthetic medicine, setting up an aesthetic medical practice, aesthetic medical regulatory affairs, aesthetic anatomy and facial analysis, integumentary system, aesthetic dermatology, pharmacology and psychology, managing common aesthetic conditions, principles of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers, skin rejuvenation using lasers, hair removal using long-pulsed lasers, tattoo removal using Q-switch and Pico lasers, radiofrequency, infrared and high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for skin tightening, chemical peel and chemical skin rejuvenation, microdermabrasion and skin rejuvenation, principles of wound healing and cellular medicine, introduction to skin boosters, introduction to barbed suture technology (threadlift) using PDO and APTOS threads, complications and updated rescue protocols for aesthetic medical procedures, clinical paper and case discussion, and recent updates in aesthetic medicine.
The clinical training covers a range of aesthetic procedures, including botulinum toxin for facial lines and wrinkles, brow reshaping, facial recontouring, and hyperhidrosis, dermal fillers for facial lines, folds, and augmentation, laser skin rejuvenation using Q-Switch NdYAG and fractional CO2 lasers, laser for pigmentary disorders and tattoo removal, laser hair removal, carbon peel, surgical CO2 laser for skin tags, moles, and warts, chemical peel, including combination peel, whitening peel, PDO and APTOS thread lift procedures, skin booster procedures, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) procedures, and other additional indications and correction of complications.
IIWAM Online Aesthetic Medical Library
IIWAM provides learners with access to their online Aesthetic Medical Library hosted by DAOS (US). The library contains thousands of clinical slides, clinical papers, textbooks, journals, and clinical training videos, including cadaveric dissection and master anatomy videos. Learners can access the library for 12 months and use it to study at their own convenience.
The Professional Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic program offered by IIWAM is designed to provide nurses, aestheticians, and spa owners with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform aesthetic procedures safely and ethically. The program consists of theory modules, clinical training, assessments, and the opportunity to receive international certificates. Learners will have access to an online library and can benefit from additional clinical training support programs. IIWAM is a reputable training provider in the field of aesthetic medicine, and their programs are recognized by City & Guilds of London Institute and the European International University.